Wednesday, December 19, 2007

longest day of my fucking life

I've been home for about two days now, since my flight on Sunday was... well a story in its own. But I'll explain that one later. It feels really nice to be here in my own room where the walls are not paper thin and I can go to sleep rather early if and when I want to without feeling bad because I don't have to ask people to stfu.

It's also been really awesome to spend time with my friends- though I've only hung out with Alisa and Natalie so far. I miss them when I'm so far away. I feel like I lead a double life of sorts because my school and my work is in Boston but my LIFE is here.

Anyway, so here's the story on the second worst day of my entire life (the only day worse than this past sunday was my 18th birtdhay where my cat died).

I didn't sleep Saturday night because of whatever reason. I got to Boston Logan (airport) at 4 am for my supposed 6 am flight back home to la. When I got up to the counter to check in and check my bags, the flight had been cancelled and I had been bumped onto a 7:45 am flight. Fucking great. I was at the airport almost 4 hours early. Then at security, there was this incompetent old man who freaked out about something in my bag so then i had to have my bag checked by tsa people and blah blah etc etc.
FINALLY they let me go and the tsa guy was apologizing for the old dude's incompetence. Then i went to my gate and waited for like 3 and a half hours to board the plane.
I sat on that goddamn plane for FOUR HOURS at the gate before they announced that THE FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED AND THE AIRPORT WAS CLOSED.
Called United and asked for any flight whatsoever to los angeles. I got a 5:49 pm flight to LAX instead of burbank so i had to wait and wait and wait. And check my bags again and check in and go through security again. Then they changed the gate without announcing it so that was a hassle because i had no idea. It was late so nobody boarded until 6:20 and THEN we sat on that fucking plane until sometime after 8 pm to actually take off. Then it was a shitty straight-thru 6 hour flight from boston to los angeles sitting in my window seat next to this middle aged guy that had no concept of personal space. his elbows were in my space the whole goddamn time, which mind you, i had very little of.
FINALLY, at 11:30 pm i arrived in los angeles and had to wait to get my bags and my back was almost numb it hurt so bad, my foot was swollen so much i could barely fit it in my shoe or walk.
by the time i went to bed (since i was still on boston time) it was almost 5 am and i had been awake for FORTY FIVE HOURS.

worst fucking day ever.

but now i'm back and in my own room and enjoying the quiet while chillin out in my pjs on my bed.

<3 kate

No comments: