Wednesday, January 20, 2010

more knitting & such

The rain is still here, drowning and flooding southern california with a vengeance. I'm enjoying the rain, but it is absofuckinglutely terrifying to drive the freeways in it. And not because I'm afraid of the rain- no it's because my car scares me. It needs a service, the tires are bald and the brakes are almost shot. I drove to Glendale yesterday going about 50-55mph, which is not that slow, but these fucking 18 wheelers and SUVs were speeding past me going like 70-80 and I thought I was going to die. The water spray from the wheels of the 18wheelers was drowning my tires and causing my car to hydroplane. So. fucking. scary!

I hate LA drivers! They either go 30mph or 85 in the rain. It's stupid, just drive cautiously so you don't endanger anyones' life and we're all good. But no, it's always an extreme. UGH.

Finally started the cabled afghan blanket for mi madre. It's going to take a really long time to finish, but at least I've begun it. I need some DPN but every time I go to the Michaels' craft stores in Glendale and Pasadena, they don't have the size I need. It's really frustrating.

Good tv FINALLY. Top Gear 13 on BBCAmerica next monday, and then a week later, the Lost final season! huzzah! Richard Hammond, Smoke Monsters and Lamborghinis oh my!


signing off.
kate.

No comments: