Sunday, January 20, 2008

cloverfield!

omg! i saw the movie "Cloverfield" last night and.... okay it scared the CRAP out of me. i felt so awkward afterwards- like this strange sense of anxiety that i wasn't sure of why I had it; like something was always lurking just around the corner of my perception or something. The movie was really good though. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen. The way it was filmed, the connection you have to the characters in the personal sort of way that the movie was filmed- that's what gave it the edge. That's what made it scary. Also, it really didn't have a "proper" end. it just sort of stopped and the credits came on. Creepy as fuck. There has to be a tie-in between this movie and the tv show Lost since both of them are produced/created by JJ Abrams and there's been all this weird viral marketing with Lost and they've been shoving cloverfield clips into the fake oceanic airlines commercials and all that. It probably didn't help my anxiety that I discussed the movie and everything surrounding it with my friend on the phone for like an hour once I got back to my apartment. I didn't go to bed until almost one in the morning just because I was so creeped out that I had to watch a dvd of Whose Line Is It Anyway for like 45 minutes. It also didn't help that I was alone in the apartment and well.... some strange things that cannot be accounted for happen in this apartment. I don't need to say anything else about that, nor do I want to.

So please do yourself a favor and watch Cloverfield. Keep an open mind and don't be a douche about it once you've seen it. Allow yourself to get into it. Don't just sit there passive laughing it off as some dumb movie. It achieved what I hoped it would achieved, and what I think JJ Abrams wanted to do.

.kate.

ps: the monster is fugly.

No comments: