Saturday, January 19, 2008

january rain

okay forgive me but... I FREAKING LOVE THE MUSIC FROM NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I was sitting here singing loudly to "Whats This?" and scaring my roommates. 8D

tim burton wins.


So I'm back in Boston. Got here last Sunday to a new roommate and bitter weather. The next day the nor'easter came in and gave us about a foot of snow and it's partially melted since it was about 40 outside yesterday. wee.

I head back to California in March for my Spring Break (Mar 14-23) and I'm looking forward to it.

I need to see Cloverfield dans le theatre, and I also need to rent A History of Violence (just because I heart Viggo Mortensen). Last night me and my roommates (Kelly, Kerry and Carolyn) went to celebrate Carolyn's 21st birthday. We went to the North End to some Italian restaurant that had bad service (Artu) and then Carolyn wanted to get a "lobster tail" at Mikes Pastry. I had never been to Mikes Pastry before, though having seen many a white box with the name printed on it, I admit I was curious. The lobster tail turned out to be puff pastry with a mixture of ricotta, yellow cream and whipped cream inside it. I need to back there to try some of the tasty looking treats I saw in the glass cases...

I've been thinking a lot about knitting a throw blanket, and having discovered that I can purchase a "suggested" yarn online one skein at a time, I'm definitely going to start it soon. If you're a knitter, please check out the website for Halcyon Yarns. They have all sorts of fun colors, so I purchased a sample card of their Victorian Yarns since colors on websites aren't usually accurate. The good thing about buying the yarn online is that I don't have to buy all the yarn at the same time out of the fear that stores occasionally discontinue what they sell, or run out until god knows when another shipment comes in. (i've experienced this with a green malabrigo yarn scarf i was knitting for myself- i still dont know when i'll be able to finish it).

enough rambling. the shitty internet is preventing me from doing a lot so... yeah.

cheers,
kate

No comments: