Sunday, January 18, 2009

radiohead, men in tights, and leiderhosen

In honor of this blogs' namesake....




Yes, forgive my random loud screaming at the very beginning- I was really excited when I realized what song they were going to play.

Just completed my third read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The bit about Snape always makes me emo because I'm a tard. Oy vey.

Speaking of Oy Vey-ness, I was watching Robin Hood Men In Tights the other day... Mel Brooks is fucking awesome. He's always in his own movies in some way, but I think this was his biggest role in any of them that I've seen. He plays a rabbi who drives around on a cart with barrels of 'sacramental wine'... lol

Robin: I am Robin of Loxley and these are my merry men!
mel brooks as rabbi: fagellas? (fags/gays for all you needing translation)
Robin: No, we're straight.

CLASSIC. Young Frankenstein is the best, probably followed by the Matthew Broderick remake of The Producers, Robin Hood Men In Tights, and then Blazing Saddles. Seriously, Mel Brooks just wins at life. So much better than Monty Python.



Best bit of this episode of Are You Being Served. German Week!


kate

No comments: