Thursday, January 8, 2009

shake your head girl with the ponytail

So far in 2009....

I have a brand new baby niece, a cavity, and I've gained five pounds over the holidays. FUN.


My niece was born on Monday. I heart her. She's very adorable. She likes to wiggle a lot, but she also likes to be completely smothered in blankets and a little hat. This equates to: she was wiggling and wiggled her feet right out of her blankets, at which point she started crying (the pissed off cry) and we were all laughing because it was so cute. She was mad because her feet were out even though shes the one who wiggled them out. Very cute. Little Gracie. My mother wants to call her by her middle name, Sumiko, but we think she might get confused (my mother, not the baby) and go from one name to the next, and somehow end up calling her something entirely different. My parents are both really happy- my mother, much more than my father- to have another grandchild.

I have a cavity! Le peup. I take really good care of my teeth so I know it's my recurring problem of having weak enamel. My other fillings have also been due to that.

We won't talk about my gaining weight because I ate too much. :(

Books I'm Reading
The Art of Happiness, A Handbook for Living His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Blonde Like Me: The Roots of the Blonde Myth in Our Culture Natalia Iliyn
The Age of Anxiety: A History of America's Turbulent Affair with Tranquilizers Andrea Tone


cheers,
kate

No comments: