Thursday, September 25, 2008

into the void

you want me?
fuckin come and find me
i'll be waitin
with a gun and a pack of sammiches (?)
and nothin
nothin
nothin.
- radiohead



lol. sammiches.

Everytime i think about training and eventually running 26.2 miles, I think to myself "oh shit". What in the hell have i gotten myself into? Then when I think about my longterm goal of qualifying and running an olympic marathon sometime in my 30s, I think "oh shit" again. The hope is though, that you know what? If a double above-the-knee amputee can run a marathon in like a little under 3 hours, so can i. i have both my legs.

even when i was out of shape, i wasn't really. when it was 17 deg. with a windchill factor bringing it down to -3 or whatever, I would go for a walks. everyone stayed inside, took the T. I walked from my apartment on Huntington Ave, past the MFA and Northeastern, all the way down past the Prudential Center, thru the Copley area, and Newbury St., to Beacon Hill or the Common/Public Garden. Then I would walk back home after whatever I wanted to do. Once I walked two miles home with a pizza while it was snowing. Just because I wanted to.

So yeah, I can do it.

.kate.

No comments: