Sunday, September 7, 2008

kate wants korean food now

Two things. Or maybe 3.

1. Maynard James Keenan wine signing!!
Next Tuesday, MJK is going to be at my local Whole Foods (the giant one on Arroyo Pkwy) signing wine with Eric Glomski, the guy who owns/runs Page Springs. I was in Sedona Ariz. about two years ago on a weekend photo getaway and one of the places I went to shoot at was Page Springs. It was after the harvest (like a week after) and Eric Glomski was nice enough to let me wander around his beautiful vineyard for a few hours while I shot around 150 photos. It turns out Maynard was there the same weekend I was, and probably was at the vineyard when I was, so I think I might have accidentally run into his son like a bunch of times... whatever. That said, I really hope I'll be able to purchase some wine and meet MJK and Eric Glomski! I'm thinking of putting together some prints of my time at Page Springs for the owner.... I think it would be cool.

2. I run an 8.30 mile yayyyyy I'm slowwww.

3. Funnnnny conversation between myself and an old friend. Note: Jenn is Korean. Also note, I love Koreans.

Kate: over in the section of the apartment complex where i am
Kate: we are now the only non-korean family
Kate: lol
jenn: no way
jenn: -_-
jenn: haha
Kate: seriously
Kate: and everyone seems to know each other
Kate: they're always in and out of each others houses
Kate: so i don't know who lives where
Kate: >_>
Kate: i think they have keys to each others homes
Kate: i swear
Kate: i am not making it up
jenn: hahahahahahaahahahahaha
jenn: oh my gosh that's too funny
Kate: i dont know why it weirds me out
Kate: but it does
Kate: maybe because i'm uptight?
Kate: i dont knowww
5:45 PM
jenn: you should barge into one of their places today
jenn: and be like "yeah... I know korean people too. can I have some korean food?"
Kate: hahaha
Kate: oh man
Kate: seriously
Kate: that would be funny
Kate: oh man and when they first moved in, the first family anyway..
Kate: so like all in the past.... i dont know, like year or so
Kate: and the mom/wife lady says (to introduce herself)
Kate: hi
Kate: and "i have two children"
Kate: i was like oh cool okay..
Kate: then it happened again when the second family moved in.... and now the third family
Kate: x_x
Kate: WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY ABOUT YOU HAVING TWO CHILDREN???
jenn: hahahahahahahahahaha
jenn: THEY ARE SOOO KOREAN
Kate: i know its some sort of cultural/language barrier
jenn: koreans always talk about their kids
jenn: it's like their favorite subject
jenn: you should say "oh... well I have no kids"
jenn: muhahahahaha

Kate: oh man
Kate: i really could go for some good korean food
Kate: they're all quite nice though, which is good
Kate: in any situation where you get new neighbors, there's no guarantee that they'll be nice/normal
Kate: i mean, it's always nice when your neighbors aren't crack addicts or something
Kate: aren't running meth labs




.kate.

No comments: