Tuesday, August 18, 2009

the condescention of lady catharine de bourgh

"Oh no one knows what I suffer with my nerves, but you know I never complain!"
Mrs. Bennett/ Pride & Prejudice


I never get tired of this frakking movie; between Colin Firth as Darcy, the idiocy of Mr. Collins, and Pemberley... Oh how I wish to go back in time and see the English countryside during the late 18th century/early 19th century!

Yesterday, I found my father's maternal lineage in the family bible which I believed to have disappeared- thankfully not so! On the maternal side of the family, we have records going back to the 11th and 13th centuries. One side was Irish, one side was French. On one side, there was a member of the continental congress AND a senator from South Carolina. The Benton side of the family has been in the states since 1639(!!)- three years after the founding of Harvard freaking University.

Yes, my family has been in the U.S. since before it was the U.S., for 350 years. Very cool.

Okay back to Pride & Prejudice... HAHA mr collins being creepy...

No comments: