Sunday, August 23, 2009

i love me some clarified butter

It's a good thing I don't eat Ethiopian food everyday because if I did, I would be spoiled in eating. Seriously. Wow. I love that darn food! So much butter! Lots and lots of clarified butter and spices = happy happy eating experience. Service at the restaurant was so-so, but the food was fantastic so oh well. I think the service might have been something cultural? I don't know. Maybe it's because my dinner companion and myself are white? I hope that isn't the reason, because that would be sad. I'm not expecting ass-kissing fake niceness, but our one server wasn't even polite. Oh well. There was a guy at a table outside who looked so much like Haile Gebrselassie that I did a double-take to confirm it wasn't the fastest marathoner in the world... Well at least his native country can be super proud of its' cuisine. YUMMY.

Fried yam balls & fried plantains = best crap on the planet. The yam dish was from Ghana apparently, but who cares. It was good.

clarified butter is a gift from god hahaha

sponging up leftover sauce with injera = good times.

location: Rosalind's Ethiopian restaurant on Fairfax in LA. Tasty!

I need to go grocery shopping....

No comments: