Thursday, October 15, 2009

tchotchkes and balloon boy

shut the hell up about balloon boy already! by talking about this crap, you're giving power to these idiots!! it's like when cnn was all a'twitter because oh horror of horrors, michael jackson died. sorry but nuclear wars and the planet burning because fat people want to drive hummers and put their trash on a barge in the middle of the ocean... MORE IMPORTANT THAN A CELEBRITY DEATH OR A KID WHO WASN'T ON A BALLOON AND HIS BATSHIT MEDIA WHORE PARENTS. go away!


On a more positive note, I was looking at my bedside table and noticing that there's a lot of almost-tchotchkes all over it. Including: Several bottles of mostly empty lotion bottles, brown & pink pirate skull stress ball, clock, cell phone, chapstick, ear plugs, alka seltzer cold plus, quote candle, "tahitian vanilla" candle on a holder with tons of rocks and beach glass, matches, small statue of Horus, stamps, prayer beads, stick-on light, nag champa in a cool black wooden box, a photo of my dearly departed kitty Spooky, athletic tape, hair elastics, light from Ikea, and this two-inch tall Russian stacking doll thing from Sitka, AK.

Speaking of Sitka, I watched The Proposal and I was very much impressed. The part where Sandra Bullock's character is singing about sweaty balls with Betty White is FUCKING HILARIOUS. Something funny about the movie (kind of): When I was living in Boston, I remember somebody coming into my work and ordering a cup of coffee. Found out from a coworker that the person had been in earlier that day and that the coffee was for Sandra Bullock because she was filming a movie nearby. I thought it was cool, and I checked IMDB several times to see what movie it was, since I was assuming that if she was filming in Boston, that the movie had something to do with Boston. Well, at the end of the credits for The Proposal, there's "special thanks to: The Commonwealth of Massachussetts"..... It just dawned on me that it was probably The Proposal that she was filming there and that movie had nothing whatsoever to do with Beantown. Also, it means that Ryan Reynolds was in the area. And he's just so damn adorable and hilarious. Very cool.

alrighty, no more rambling.. off to read and zone out. nighty night!

-kate

No comments: