Monday, October 26, 2009

an update of sorts

I should probably stay off my feet more than I do, but I'm just too restless for that to be accomplished. Still haven't received a call from the doctor's office about whether they found a stress fracture in my foot x-ray or not. I'm hoping it's "or not", obviously. I think it would hurt a hell of a lot more if I did have one but I'm not a good judge of pain or injury. Either it hurts or it doesn't. Today my foot seemed to hurt because of my shoe, so I don't really know. I guess my problem is that I look for a basis of comparison, when really I'm the only one that can make that decision. It's weird, I know. I've always been that way. When I got my wrist tattoos, everyone told me 'oh it's really gonna hurt' and either I have a very high tolerance for pain, or I just brushed it off and told myself to stop being a pansy. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

My foot tattoo hurt, the others were just.. annoying. If it's on bone, then it actually hurts.

I'm a bad judge of pain. There.

Watched a rerun of Top Gear on BBC America tonight. Am glad there are reruns since there's a lot I've never seen, but I wish that America wasn't like.... five seasons behind the UK!! The episodes from 2006/07 are showing as "first aired 9/21/09"... but they were filmed in 2006 so what the heck? The David Walliams episode I know is from 2006 because I have a clip of that on my Little Britain Live dvd and that's from 2006. ack!

My father purchased a few copies of the book, "Born To Run" for us to read-- already like 1/3 of the way through since starting it this afternoon. I just can't put it down. It's just fascinating. Even if I didn't understand what he's talking about, if I were not a runner, it would still be an amazing book.

okay, off to read...
cheers.

No comments: