Wednesday, October 21, 2009

i trip on flat surfaces

I sprained my foot two weeks ago and have yet to mention it in this blog. I refuse to go to the doctor because they can't do anything more than I've already done, like tell me to ice it and tape it and don't run. Um, fucking duh. When you're as accident prone as I seem to be, you start to learn these things at an early age.

I have been known to injure myself unintentionally, quite frequently. When I was ten, I sprained the baby toe on my right foot so bad that I was on crutches for two weeks and the entire area of my foot was the color of a ripe plum. When I was fifteen, I proceeded to run into my own bedroom doorjamb and break the toe that I had sprained five years before. I've broken or sprained that toe now... four times? I had achilles tendinitis so bad when I was eight that I didn't want to walk anywhere, and I didn't even play sports. It just sort of happened.

My most recent injury is because the insoles in my running shoes suck. It doesn't help that I have no sense of my body in space, thus creating serious balance issues. When I'm walking or running, you will frequently see me looking towards the ground, and it's because if I don't look at where my feet are, I will trip over them.

I've now started comparing myself to Bella in the Twilight series because she seems to be accident prone and has major balance issues. My number isn't up yet, but I do have a hard time not falling over something, running into things... yeah it's kind of a daily occurance for me.

I'm liable to trip over my own feet, and despite my best efforts to walk in a straight line, sometimess my limbs seem to have other ideas, and I run into shit. Like doorways, chairs, the coffee table in my living room and car doors. I've been known to trip over a pair of socks sitting on the floor.

I have enough balance problems when I'm not injured, so this hobbling around on one foot thing is getting annoying.

knitting + studying. cheers.

No comments: