Monday, February 4, 2008

A Comment... or a rant

A while back on AOL music, there was a list of the sexiest songs, the sexiest musicians, etc. I remember being a little confused as to why Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" was named the number one sexiest song, and Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" was at number two. There were a whole lotta other songs on that list that WAY deserved to be number one over Marvin Gaye. Not only do I think "Let's Get It On" isn't a sexy song, I think it's a retardedly stupid song at that. I picture green shag carpet and high-waisted white polyester pants and bad sparkling wine... *shudder* Of course being a huge Trent Reznor fan, I thought that "Closer" should have been number one on that list. It's a great song. It's not a song for the faint of heart, that's for sure. It's so vulnerable and dark and powerful and, well let's be honest, incredibly freakin' sexy! You feel his pain in that song, and his reason for wanting whoever he was singing about wasn't just about the sex factor, it was like, he had a tortured soul and he was fucked up and whatever. The song as a whole.. just an amazing song. I think it's a sexy song, but I definitely understand why a lot of people wouldn't think that. Which is fine.
My list of songs is as follows:
(in no particular order except for the first song)

Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Kiss - Prince
Cold - Annie Lenox (*i know a few of my friends agree with me on this song!)
The More I See You - Michael Buble
I've Got You Under My Skin - Michael Buble
Grace - Kate Havenevik
Skip Divided - Thom Yorke
Beside You In Time - Nine Inch Nails
Swing Low - Rocco Deluca and the Burden

there's other songs... like, not sexy but sweet. But yeah. Seriously though wtf marvin gaye? no. i'll take the freakin' beach boys over marvin gaye....

I'm eating macaroni and cheese huzzah! Also, even I was shocked at the outcome of the superbowl, even though i don't give two flying squirrels about football. Silly NE Patriots. At least it was quiet last night outside my apartment! hahahaha i'm so mean... Perhaps if Tom Brady wasn't out filandering with various women (come on ladies, he's got a baby mama, how gangsta is that?) he would be a better QB. Okay that doesn't make much sense, but who said anything I say makes any sense whatsoever? mac n cheeeeese. almost typed man n cheeeese so i fixed my spelling. haha.

tata loves,
kate

No comments: