Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nissans = fail. volvo c30 = hot

Here's one thing I'd like to know:

Why is it that NISSAN cars magically all look like current Lexus models? Seriously. Lexus releases their models and then shortly thereafter, oh look, big surprise, Nissan releases their models which resemble Lexus cars pretty closely.
I was just browsing photos from the top 10 new cars or whatever from the LA Auto Show, and Infiniti (the luxury car division of Nissan) has turned their mighty popular G37 sedan into a convertible. And guess what? It looks like the Lexus SC 430!

I have one thing to say:

Please be original and stop being lazy by basically COPYING other car companies. Seriously. It's Nissan. Which means they're made of plastic basically. My dad got into an accident with a Nissan rental... actually two accidents with Nissan rentals, and both times, the Nissan was far more damaged than the other cars.

So please be original. Flattery is important but my goodness do you think you could design something that doesn't look too much like Lexus? Seriously! I mean, are you trying to create some subliminal messaging so that people who can't afford Lexus or are being cheap will buy a Nissan instead? And you would think that with Infiniti being the luxury counterpart in the company, that maybe their models wouldn't look like Lexus' as well. Apparently I'm wrong.

It's like the Hyundai Genesis. It totally looks like a fucking Mercedes!

BE ORIGINAL. The reason BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus are at the top of the game are because they are INNOVATIVE. Their models don't look like they stole the CAD drawings from other car companies. Am I the only one that is seeing this?

Nobody is stealing Volvo's designs. Thank God actually, because the C30? One hot car.


Can someone please buy me one? I already thought it was an awesome car when I saw the design originally. Then, in the movie adaptation of the Twilight book saga, Edward Cullen drives one and... oh. It sounds so nice. The engine is all grumbly in a good way and obviously the person driving it in the movie was a stunt driver because I highly doubt they would allow Robert Pattinson to drive like he did skidding around like a Mercedes-Benz advert... But I digress. It's a fucking awesome car.



.kate.

No comments: