Wednesday, November 11, 2009

stop hating single people

My lack of voice (stupid laryngitis) is making me want to talk online more. Not that it's neccesary, but when is it ever?

Trying to deal with the fact that I know I will probably never be in a romantic relationship with someone, ever. I don't think there's anyone out there who I want to put up with, and who will also put up with my baggage/neuroses/expensive taste. Trying to deal with that in my head, work around it and just accept that my family and friends will be enough. The awkwardness of being in social situations as a single person is already annoying. It's gotten worse as I've hit my early adult years. Somehow it seems as if others perceive me as not a viable speck of humanity if I'm not out fucking someone. And it does come down to that, however crude I may have phrased it. It's like in that movie, When Harry Met Sally. THat's what Sally says to Harry towards the end of the movie, that it'll prove something if she's out fucking someone.

I think I have more value than that, thanks. I'm comfortable not being in a relationship. My relationship is my schoolwork (which at the pace I'm going, will be a long one by the time I get my masters and PhD) and the other things in my life. It's the goal of paying off my student loans and having my own place and a nice car. If I someday decide that children need to be part of the equation, then I'll adopt. There are plenty of children out there that have great need of parents.

So all you people out there who unknowingly treat single people differently, you can just suck it.

thoughts??

cheers.

No comments: