Thursday, November 26, 2009

turkey trot 2009: kate RUNS.

holy jesus. i am so tired!

Woke up at 5am (because I fail) and soon after, headed down to the OC for the Dana Point Turkey Trot! There were actually people dressed as turkeys, well, trotting. Good fun.

About a minute after I could actually move, I decided I was going to try and run. Yes, sprained foot/toe and all. Well, somehow despite sprained foot/toe and not having run more than 2 miles in about a YEAR, I managed about an 11 minute pace for the whole 5k. I am super proud of m'self for having forced myself to run. I wanted to be going at about an 8 minute pace, but I can't fuck my foot up while it's still fucked up. That wouldn't be a good choice, and overdoing it is where I go wrong anyway.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL by the harbor at 8 in the morning. PERFECT running weather like whoa for the first two miles of the race. Then it was like 80 outside and I felt gross and not in the mood to run.

Ate a shit ton of orange slices at the finish, saw a yorkshire terrier wearing a turkey costume-- CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN OTHER THAN A BABY SQUIRREL-- around all the swag booths, a wirehaired pit bull (somehow way adorable), and stocked up on as much of these free myoplex drinks as I could fit in my bag.

Just opened my goodie bag/backpack (they don't give shitty plastic bags anymore, they give nylon backpacks) and found granola crisps, a gigantic small tshirt, individually packed wet wipe (haha somehow funny to me), "corn thins" like gross rice cake looking things only with corn, and this absolutely VILE drink called gotein.

Many moons ago, my parents dragged a very reluctant younger me to a bazillion races around southern california, and so i walked them with my mother while my father ran them. This was the first race I've ever run so I'm excited. Everything still hurts... blegh.

Walked brother's dog for another 50 minutes later in the afternoon, and also another two or so miles to and from the car this morning at the race. I'm beat!

I think it's pie time....

happy thanksgiving!!!

No comments: